|Smartphone Sony Sony News Sony Xperia Z Xperia Z|
Xperia Z gets official pricing in UK
Xperia Z is the current flagship smartphone from Sony and the phone has been in news ever since it was first announced at the CES 2013 event. In more recent news, Sony has made the Xperia Z official in the UK markets and the smartphone will retail for £529 ($839; €617).
The company’s Android flagship has appeared for with a “coming soon” status and a price in Sony’s official online store in the United Kingdom.
As you can see in the screenshot above, overly anxious users will have to part with £529 ($839; €617). The price includes all applicable taxes. Customers who pre-register will receive an email notification when the device becomes available.
Xperia Z Specs
- Operating System – Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), planned upgrade to v4.2.0
- Processor – Quad-core 1.5 GHz Krait
- Graphics – Adreno 320
- Screen – Capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Screen Features – Multitouch, Timescape UI
- Display - 1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inches (~441 ppi pixel density)
- Colors – Black, White, Purple
- Primary Rear Camera – 13 MP, 4128×3096 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Camera Features – Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, image stabilization
- Secondary Front Camera – Yes
- Video – Yes, 1080p@30fps, continuous autofocus, video light, video stabilizer
- Memory – 2 GB RAM
- Storage - 16GB Internal Storage, Expandable memory to 32 GB via microSD card
- Connectivity – 4G, 3G, Wi Fi, Bluetooth, DLNA, Wi Fi Direct, microUSB 2.0
- Battery – Standard battery, Li-Ion Non-Removable
- Weight – 146 gms
- Dimensions – 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm
- Additional Features – IP57 certified – dust and water resistant, Water proof up to 1 meter and 30 minutes
An interesting addition to the Sony Xperia Z is that the phone will be water resistant to a depth of one meter. To achieve this, the Xperia Z has glass panels on the front and back, as well as plastic strips on the sides that cover the ports. And, they cover all of the ports from microSD card slot, to headphone jack, to microUSB.
The current details are available only for the Sony Xperia Z and no details have been made available for the Xperia ZL. Both the smartphones are Sony’s bid to compete with the likes of Galaxy S III, iPhone 5 and other top smartphones from other vendors.